A qwriting.qc.cuny.edu blog
<

The smelly old blob lay down to die. He was all alone. He had found himself curled up in a pile of old clothing unable to move let alone yelp in pain. The little girl was the last to say good-bye, though at 2 1/2, the little girl didn’t know that this was good-bye.
It had been like any other morning, chaotic. The blob watched as the family did its normal rutine. The family made up of Uncle Sammy,Grandma,the little girls mother Mandy, and the little girl herself Annible. Oh and of corse mans best friend Rex, the dog aka the blob. Rex was an old dog of 13years. He was round and what was left of his white fur was madded all over his body. He was begining to stink, like rotting flesh.
The morning that Rex died was like any other. The family except for Uncle Sammy had awoken late. In a state of panic Mandy dressed Annible yelling at her mother in the prosses. “Mom, where the hell is my text book? Where going to miss the bus” Her mother replied as alway with some smart remark “Take Rex out and I’ll find it.” Mandy always knew or so she thought, taking Rex out would solve nothing. So she never did. After 20minutes of scrambeling to get out the door Mandy and her mother where ready. Mandy off to school, and her mother off to work. Annible would be off to daycare.
Mandy and her mother walked out the door forgetting Annible. When they reached the front porch a half asleep Uncle Sammy blurted out “Aren’t you forgetting Annabile?” Mandy looking back at her mom quickly grabed her keys and returned inside. “Annible” she yelled, “Where are you?” “Mommy,sitting with Rex.” “Well lets go now” Mandy screamed, “You can see Rex later.”
Slowly Annible got up form the pile of clothing where Rex was laying. She looked down at the dog, took in a deep breath turned bending over and hugged him. Then letting go she wispered”I’ll miss you.” she did not know that shortly there after he would be gone. But that last line she muttered to some may have made them think she did.

November 6th, 2011 at 4:01 am

6 Responses to “The death of a Blob”
  1. 1
      erin says:

just by the opening paragraph, i actually feel sorry for the blob. i havent read the rest yet, i wanted to make it clear that the simplicity of the opening paragraph makes me feel for something and i dont even know what the that something (the blob) is. i really liked your opening.
    hes the dog! okay i see it now haha. the detail of rotting flesh makes me ill and sorrowful-excellent. i really feel bad for rex, im curious if it was just old age that killed him or maybe disease? awww annible, i like her character. i look forward to reading more, i really enjoyed this.
    i did notice a few grammarical errors, so i just suggest spell checking it.

2. 2
      Prudence says:

thank…you, I have not thought how rex is going to die….I did find spelling mistakes but I wrote the first part in a rush because i wnated to get it out before it was forgotten then come back to it…in further parts I shall fix that!

3. 3
      samantha says:

This is interesting but sad at the same time. A 2 1/2 yr old knowing that death is on it’s way for the dog and grasping the bigger picture. Mandy seems to be a young mother still in school and stressed. She forgets her daughter in the house. This could be because they are late or because that is her personality to overlook things. She also overlooks the dog and decides it doesn’t need to go outside. I’m interested to see where you take this story. I’m convinced that Annible will end up teaching everyone something about life. Once the spelling and grammer is fixed, It will give the reader a smoother sense of what’s going on.

4. 4
      samantha says:

haha i meant ‘grammar’. It seems like I need a spelling lesson

5. 5
      Pru says:

ok guys I will fix this stuff and add more in my next part thanks for the usefull feed back!

6. 6
      kocampo100 says:

this is so sad =[ what a change of pace to the other works you have written. i mean this in a good way, you can write about different topics but with the same conviction. i agree with everyone else who commented as well. just a quick proof read and revision and this is a great start to your short story.